In order to process your Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS) grant you will need to be able to access your online PAYE. (If we don’t access it on your behalf). The following notes provide a guide as to how to set up your account.
You don’t already have an account
If you have not done this already, it is a very simple process to set up access to your online PAYE account with HMRC. Go to the following website https://www.gov.uk/log-in-register-hmrc-online-services and click on Sign In.
- Click on create sign in details and follow the onscreen instructions to create the online user access.
- You then need to link the PAYE account to your user.
- Click on “get online access to a tax, duty or scheme”.
- Select “Employers or intermediaries, for example PAYE for employers or CIS” and click continue.
- Select “PAYE for employers” and click continue.
- Then follow the onscreen instructions, you will need your;
- HMRC office number (3 digit number preceding your PAYE reference),
- your PAYE reference and your accounts office reference.
If you have all of the correct information you will have access to your online PAYE account straight away.
I can’t remember my log in details
If you have already set up access to your online PAYE account and have lost your user number you will need to contact HMRC to reset this before you can access your account. If you have your user number but have forgotten your password you can reset the password from the sign in screen.