Advice and support for a dynamic and challenging sector
The dynamics of the property market have changed dramatically in recent years. Here at Nicholsons, we have decades of experience in working with clients in the property sector, giving us first-hand experience of the challenges our customers face. We pride ourselves on our expert sector knowledge, helping clients to maximise the value of their projects despite the complex compliance and regulations.
Our specialist knowledge means we can help and advise a diverse range of clients. So whether you are a private individual with one or numerous property investments, a landlord managing a rental property portfolio, an architect, an estate agent or a large property development group, our expert team can help can support your requirements.
On hand to advise and guide
Our dedicated team of property and tax experts pride themselves on having the up-to-date insight to ensure you are maximising your potential earnings by being smarter with your tax allowances and accounting practices. Or if you want to explore finance for your ventures, there’s help on hand, whatever your requirement.
We can advise landlords on how to claim expenses against their income, both when the property is rented out and eventually sold, as well as the most tax-efficient way to finance and hold rental property.
If the business is making a loss, our guidance can help offset this against profits in future years.
Helping you make the most of your property assets
- Annual accounts – statutory accounts and tax needs
- Financing – funding advice when dealing with land and property purchases and sales
- Tax return preparation – we can simplify the complex tax legislation and ensure you are as efficient as possible
- Management accounts and reporting – real-time information of your financial information, when you need it
- Diversification – we can advise you on business and tax implications of potential ventures or new business structures
- Succession planning – we can advise you on how you can pass on your business to the next generation, in the most effective and tax advantageous way
- VAT – full guidance for the ever-changing VAT landscape
- Stamp duty land tax
- Ownership of overseas property
If you would like to hear a little more about our approach, get in touch today.
Property Fact Sheet
Buying your business premises
Many businesses still need a property, perhaps an office, shop, factory or industrial unit to trade from. If you are one of those businesses you essentially have two choices: buy or lease. If you prefer the first option, there are many reasons to use a pension to buy the property. We discuss some of those, as well as considering the potential risks and downsides too.
Understanding Capital Gains Tax on second properties
Acquiring second homes has always been a popular investment option, but it is important to know the tax implications relating to the sale of second homes and how and when to report this.
5 reasons why landlords should hire a property accountant
Hiring a specialist accountant can really help landlords so we’re sharing 5 reasons why landlords can benefit from using a property accountant.
Property Case Study
Buying a commercial property through my pension
It is particularly useful if you are an owner of a small to medium sized business. You can buy your business premises through your pension funds, meaning your company is paying rent to your pension instead of to a landlord.